BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PEGGY HITCHCOCK President
CONNIE DONER Vice President
DEAN PIELSTICK Secretary
GINGER APPLEGARTH Treasurer
Arizona Friends of Tibet is a non-profit organization dedicated to manifesting His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s vision of promoting basic human values as set forth in Tibetan culture, civilization, and ancient Buddhist traditions.
We support His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s three main commitments as follows:
• Promoting the human values of compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, contentment and self-discipline
• Working for harmony between all religions
• Preserving Tibet's Buddhist culture of peace and non-violence in the world
We support the non-violent efforts of the Dalai Lama to regain dignity and religious freedom for the Tibetan people.
• We support education and health related programs benefiting Tibetans in Tibet, and Tibetan refugee communities.
• We sponsor various community events highlighting Tibetan culture including movies, lectures, teachings and sand mandalas.
• We co-sponsor visits to Tucson by His Holiness the Dalai Lama (1993 and 2005).
• We have provided initial seed funding for the nation’s first formalized Center for Compassion Studies in Tucson at the University of Arizona.
If you know of a project that helps Tibetans directly, please Contact Us with the details.
Arizona Friends of Tibet is affiliated with Tibet House US.
© Arizona Friends of Tibet. All Rights Reserved.
Website developed by Teresa Cunniff Design