AFoT Grants for 2017
Thanks to your donations and support, we are pleased to report that Arizona Friends of Tibet was able to give $28,000 in grants to these 11 worthy educational, children and health programs directly benefitting our Tibetan friends. If you wish more information about any of the projects, please contact the organization.
- Dr. Dickey Nyeronsha Institute ($5,000), for medical care and resources to Tibetan medical clinics and elder homes.
- Himalayan Zhang Zhung Foundation ($4,000), for Tibetan teacher salary to educate a group of Tibetan children and provide much needed flooring for a large tent that Tibetan monks use for teaching and study.
- Drikung Namgyal Ling ($4,000), to help the Samten Choling Nunnery.
- AWAM Foundation ($4,000), for tsampa for the winter, food, heaters, and clothing for the nuns and orphans.
- Terma Foundation ($1,000), for maternal health aid to Tibetan communities.
- Pemako Health Clinic ($2,000), for Tibetan health care.
- Dharma Project ($2,000), for translation of ancient texts and saving Nyingma school texts with permission from His Holiness Penor Rinpoche.
- Phende Ling Phoenix ($2,000), for humanitarian works in India, helping with health care and education of the Seramey Tsangpa Khangtsen house monks and Tibetan old age home at Bylakuppe, India.
- Tibetan Nehru Memorial School ($2,000), The students would benefit from continued after school tutoring and the teachers will feel valued and recognized for the extra support they provide a monthly stipend of Rs. 3,200 ($50) for four teachers for the 10-month school session would make a huge difference to the teachers.
- Tibetan Dubbing Society ($1,000), for dubbing at least one hour of children’s (4-8 years) science animation or movies into Tibetan language.
- Tsogyal Latso Fund ($1,000), to obtain health care, including doctor and dental visits, glasses, and buying medicines for a small independent community of 14-16 nuns.
If you know of a project that helps Tibetans directly, please contact AFoT with the details.